FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 30, 2010
Registration for Shoreline Goodwill's FREE classes begins Dec. 13!
Students can learn valuable skills in computers, cashiering and English
Shoreline Goodwill's Job Training and Education Center, located at 14500 15th Avenue NE, will register people beginning Dec. 13 for free classes in the eight-week session that runs from Jan. 3 through Feb. 24, 2011.
To satisfy demand among people in the community, the center has added additional classes in basic computers and English. Even still, staff expects classes to fill up fast and reminds prospective students that sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The center will register students on the following days:
- All computer classes: Dec. 13 and 14; 10 a.m.
- Cashiering class: Dec. 20 and 21; 11 a.m.
- All English classes: Dec. 22 at 2 p.m. and Dec. 29 at 11 a.m. (it is possible to register for English classes outside of these times. Contact the center directly for more information).
The center will offer the following classes:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – These include basic and intermediate courses designed to accommodate a wide range of English skills.
o Level 1: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
o Level 2: Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
o Level 3: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Basic Computer Classes – Introductory courses for people with little or no computer experience.
o Computer Fundamentals: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
o Microsoft Word: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
o Microsoft Excel: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Cashiering and Customer Service – Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Career Building Assistance – On Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 to 10 a.m., instructors can help people with job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interview practice and more.
For class availability and enrollment information, please call (206) 631-8460.