From the City of Shoreline's website:
New Recycle Fest Event coming soon
Saturday, April 30
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Shoreline Park & Ride
18821 Aurora Ave N
In order to provide new opportunities for residents to recycle, the City is updating the annual Clean Sweep events with a new name and a new focus. At Recycle Fest, you will be able to recycle items that don’t normally go in your recycle bin. Bring the Styrofoam you have been saving, as well as the bicycle that your children out-grew many years ago. If you recently remodeled your home, you will be able to bring that old toilet, carpet and roofing material to recycle.
Recycle Fest will be free for all Shoreline residents. Proof of residency will be required. Note that only pick-up trucks or smaller vehicles will be allowed to enter. If you are hauling items on behalf of a neighbor or want to bring a trailer, call (206) 801-2455 for approval prior to the event. Garbage and yard waste will not be accepted. Check the event flyer coming in the mail for acceptable items.
Recycle Fest is sponsored in cooperation with the King County Solid Waste Division, the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County and the Washington State Department of Ecology. For more information, contact the Shoreline Customer Response Team at (206) 801-2700.
- Home remodeling debris: carpet, porcelain and drywall
- Scrap metal: lawn mowers, ovens, stoves, hot water heaters, washers, dryers and barbeques. (Remove all non-metal parts and drain all liquids. No refrigerators, freezers or air conditioners.)
- Concrete, asphalt and rock
- Roofing shingles: asphalt and wood
- Small electronics: phones, computer mice, keyboards, printers, adapters, etc. (No TVs, computers or monitors.)
- Plate glass
- Motor oil, antifreeze and filters
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts