Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Tree recycling continues on Sunday Jan 11th




Voila!

I stopped by the Christmas tree recycling event today in Shoreline (in the parking lot next to the Shoreline Historical Museum) to see what was going on. There were no trees being shredded while I was there, but I took a few photos of the workers and their equipment. I told them I thought they should wear Grinch costumes while feeding people's Christmas trees into the shredder. :)

Check this out: by 2:30 this afternoon they had already shredded 1137 trees!

The event continues tomorrow. Shoreline residents only. "Real" Christmas trees only. No flocked trees. No other trees or plants. No wreaths, boughs, etc. Make sure your tree is free of ornamentation, tinsel, etc.


Link to City's webpage about tree recycling event (more info and other options)

No comments:

Post a Comment